Thursday, June 4, 2009

Photos from WSSC World Spinning and Sports Conference

here are just a few photos while you're waiting for me to post all my "stuff" from my sessions...

I gave my fancy SLR camera to Sarah Ness, my presenter assistant, to take pictures during Moving Mountains. I barely know how to work the thing, and I didn't know it was set on an automatic slow shutter speed, resulting in some very cool shots. 

This is an interesting shot of me on stage, perhaps trying to get into FLOW after having some microphone issues (had to switch from a headset to the boom mic - but it made all the difference in the world). I love the shimmery effect of the water bottles.


This was the view from stage when there was too much sweat in your eye... 

Finally got the camera working for the Triple Threat ride. This was my team onstage, left to right: Charles from TN, Kate from KS, Deb from NY, and Gabriel from Venezuela. They were selected to ride onstage, either due to a very compelling answer to my question "Why do you want to ride onstage?" or because I picked names from a hat when I had too many fantastic answers to choose from. Gabriel actually called me from Venezuela before he left for Miami to find out if he was chosen...and that burning desire (in addition to his great email response) gave me cause to select him. 


Below is the gang from Pedal-On, which was very well represented this year. What a fun and friendly group of people! I'm sure we even missed some Pedal-On-ers who didn't know about this photo (I only happened upon it by chance)!


More coming soon...

3 comments:

Lizzy said...

I'm going to super-impose my face onto the pedal-on group shot! :p

What dslr do you have? I have a Canon 30D and I absolutely love it... even if it does have too many functions for me to understand!

Jennifer Sage said...

It's a Canon Rebel XT, and it seems that every time I use it I have to relearn it! Because it's quite big, I use my smaller Sony for rides or when traveling, so I don't use it as often as I should. But it takes such good photos...

Charles said...

It was my pleasure to ride o stage with you Jen. I went striaght from WSSC to relax on the beach for a week. Tomorrow is my first class since the conference. I am more energized than ever before to help my class discover their "WHY" I loved your "How Big is Your Why" class as well Haley's class on Peak Performance. That was the type material I was looking for when I signed up for the conference and you guys delivered. Thanks!